Friday 5 December 2014

Attempting to install Chromium

Imagine waking up to a knocking at your door <knock knock> <knock knock> . You get up, dress yourself and approach half sleeping, pull the door open and look with your eyes half open, see a soldier marked UPS. After a shake of your head you realize it's just a deliveryman and get excited with the remembrance of the laptop you ordered two weeks ago!

Start it up, share a moment of unbridled joy as it starts instantaneously, then weep as the hard drive dies like a car accident gone terribly wrong. <knock knock> The laptops been replaced!

Now to where I was two weeks ago, I was with my new computer and a newbie guide to Open Source, I had eyes bright and spirits high. Like a land slide my hopes started to fade, I had error after error, but kept on going.

I attempted to install it for approximately 5-7 hours. After that I left it running overnight, it probably did not take to long, but it failed. When I woke up I tried it again, it failed again.Eventually I ended up in the land of rebase and I felt defeated. I was worried about starting over again as well as to rebase.

I decided on attempting to install Lynx, and things went far smoother,          

Cheers ,

James Laverty

No comments:

Post a Comment