Wednesday 29 October 2014

A video bawse at FSOSS

Hey Everyone,

I volunteered as a videographer at FSOSS recently and it was a wonderful experience. I feel pretty happy that I was able to be a part of it and that I got to meet some 'big wigs' in the industry.

Apart from that I also video taped three presentations and watched five. The first one I watched was given by the founder of Red Hat Linux named Bob Young. His talk was really interesting to listen, I really enjoyed the way he spoke and his use of body language. He repeatedly labelled himself as just a typewriter salesman, but in essence is much, much more.

The next talk I watched was of a classmate name Kieran Sedgewick who talked about Webmaker's Tech: The Future of Web Development. He did an excellent job and his presentation was nice to watch, he also handled the questions well.

After that, lunch happened and I had a man named Dan Hodge a senior solutions architect middleware at Redhat. It was a fun and inspiring chat that went well.

After lunch the next speaker was Chris Aniszczyk presented Friday Keynote Presentation. His talk was quite insightful and gave me a better understanding of the people inside the machine. I also found his description of the fail whale during the 2010 world cup quite humorous. 

After that I watched two more presentations then I got a free t-shirt! How Exciting!

Cheers,

James Laverty

No comments:

Post a Comment